Current Career Openings
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lighthouse Imaging Corporation is a leading developer and manufacturer of medical optical devices, concentrating in the area of minimally-invasive surgical products. We are a service provider to leading medical device companies globally. We are a well-established FDA-registered and ISO 9001/13485 certified medical device manufacturer located just outside of Portland, Maine, one of the most attractive places to work/live on the East Coast.
Seeking several Project Managers!
The Project Manager will lead and manage multiple concurrent highly complex optical product development projects that we undertake on behalf of our medical device OEM clients. This high-impact role is dynamic and requires an individual who excels learning on the fly, and who can switch between planning, analyzing, supporting, and managing multiple projects all the while collaborating with cross functional teams both internally and externally. The successful project management candidate must be highly motived, self-directed, thrive in a fast paced environment and have a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a small team setting. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with and learn from an emerging leader in the medical device field.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Plan and usher projects through the entire product development lifecycle from concept through FDA approved high volume production manufacturing
- Develop, define, prioritize and execute project plans, schedules, tasks, issues, budgets and deliverables
- Serve as liaison and central point of contact for client, engineering, vendors, management, quality and operations always building credibility, promoting transparency and managing expectations
- Review and analyze complex, integrated project data and information to provide status updates, insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations
- Comfortable identifying risks and clearly communicating them with internal and external project stakeholders
- Advise the product engineering team on decisions regarding which deliverables are critical to the success of the project and prioritize accordingly
- Schedule and lead team meetings, draft agendas, and capture and distribute meeting minutes
- Draft comprehensive reports and make oral presentations to advise management and clients of critical constraints, assumptions, risk tradeoffs and progress. Assist the project team in the completion of deliverables. Document and post the results of deliverables
- Aid project team for logistics and administration of shipping, purchasing, etc.
Education and experience required:
- Demonstrated expertise managing concurrent full life cycle product development projects – ideally for external customers
- Experience coordinating complex cross-functional teams to ensure timely completion of tasks and deliverables that adhere to budgets and schedules
- Expertise with managing resource requirements and employee utilization
- Expertise leveraging project management software to develop and maintain detailed project schedules that meet stated objectives associated with cost, schedule and specifications
- Project management experience in a regulated industry a plus (such as working within ISO 13485 and 9001)
- Demonstrated experience with tools such as FMEA, Risk Analysis, time and budget tracking, scheduling, prioritization
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Must clearly communicate with team members, clients, vendors, and senior management regarding technical details and projects status
- Good organizational, multi-tasking and team building skills
- Demonstrated design experience across optical, mechanical, software and electrical engineering disciplines
- Strong MS Project user, understand dependencies, critical path.
- Bachelor’s degree or considerable experience in a technical discipline is preferable.
- Minimum 5 years of project manager experience in a product design environment and ideally with expertise in medical device product development.
Thinking outside the box:
- How would you analyze requirements for a topic to which you have no knowledge about?
- How would you manage projects with tough clients and stakeholders?
This position requires a BSME and 5+ years’ experience in mechanical and opto-mechanical product design and development, preferably in high precision devices. This individual will be responsible for the mechanical design of sophisticated optical instrumentation from conception through testing and production.
- Able to develop 3D models and 2D drawings in SolidWorks of miniature optical components and assemblies based on customer’s specifications
- Conceptualize designs, lay out detailed drawings, select materials and create bills of materials
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Familiar with tolerancing of components
- Familiar with standard machining techniques and designing for manufacturability
- Able to work independently as well as within a creative technical team.
- Assist in the fabrication and testing of new products
- Familiar with drawing management techniques and PDM systems
- Familiarity with optical systems and medical device design highly desirable.
- Comfortable with guiding technicians and skilled operators during assembly
- Able to prioritize tasks and organize conflicting demands for time and resources
- Good communication and written skills and report writing
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Competitive Pay, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacations, Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Supplemental Insurance including: Short Term and Long Term Disability, Accident Insurance and Hospital Confinement Indemnity Insurance, 401K Plan w/matching funds.
Greater Portland, Maine has attracted nationwide attention and high-regard over recent years. Portland and the Greater Portland area ranked atop many Best of city lists including: Forbes magazine’s list of America’s Best Cities for Young Professionals, Bloomberg Businessweek’s Best Places to Raise Kids, Forbes.com America’s Best Hipster Neighborhoods, Travel & Leisure magazine’s Greenest Cities, Bonappetit’s Foodiest Cities, and has recently been nominated for Best Town Ever by Outside Magazine. The Portland metropolitan area is surrounded by rural and commutable neighboring towns and coastal villages that are home nature preserves, historic landmarks, woodland areas, lakes and rivers.
To learn more about the Greater Portland, ME area visit: http://www.visitportland.com/