Current Career Openings
Lighthouse Imaging is a rapidly growing technology company located in Southern Maine and specializing in the development of cutting edge endoscopy products for the healthcare industry. We are committed to improving patient’s quality of living while reducing the cost of medical care
Seeking a Project Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. The Project Engineer will be responsible for developing precision endoscopic medical devices from concept though to manufacturing.
- Have understanding of product development cycle from requirements development, prototyping, verifications, and transition to manufacturing.
- Have understanding of mechanical, electrical, optical processes to orchestrate design strategies, scheduling, task estimation, resource identification.
- Have understanding of design requirements and experience within a regulated environment such as medical, aerospace, or automotive.
- Comfortable with interacting with other team members, promoting the project and goals, identifying and eliminating barriers, providing presentations to internal and external customers.
- Familiar with mechanical CAD packages such as Solidworks, scheduling software such as MS Project.
- Understanding of design for manufacturability, transferring of designs to manufacturing and validations of assembly fixtures.
- Familiarity with optical systems and medical device design highly desirable.
- Able to prioritize tasks and organize conflicting demands for time and resources.
- Good communication and written skills and report writing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Seeking an experienced Opto-Mechanical Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. The Opto-Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the mechanical design of sophisticated optical instrumentation from conception through testing and production.
- BSME and 5+ years’ experience in mechanical and opto-mechanical product design and development
- Able to develop 3D models and 2D drawings in SolidWorks of miniature optical components and assemblies based on customer’s specifications
- Working knowledge of optics, ray tracing, and optical metrology
- Conceptualize designs, lay out detailed drawings, select materials and create bills of materials
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Familiar with tolerancing of components
- Familiar with standard machining techniques and designing for manufacturability
- Able to work independently as well as within a creative technical team
- Assist in the fabrication and testing of new products
- Familiar with drawing management techniques and PDM systems
- Familiarity with medical device design highly desirable
- Comfortable with guiding technicians and skilled operators during assembly
- Able to prioritize tasks and organize conflicting demands for time and resources
- Good communication and written skills and report writing
Lighthouse Imaging offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, and many other perks and benefits within a clean, comfortable work environment.
Please submit resume and cover letter for consideration. NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS.
Lighthouse Imaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Greater Portland, Maine has attracted nationwide attention and high-regard over recent years. Portland and the Greater Portland area ranked atop many Best of city lists including: Forbes magazine’s list of America’s Best Cities for Young Professionals, Bloomberg Businessweek’s Best Places to Raise Kids, Forbes.com America’s Best Hipster Neighborhoods, Travel & Leisure magazine’s Greenest Cities, Bonappetit’s Foodiest Cities, and has recently been nominated for Best Town Ever by Outside Magazine. The Portland metropolitan area is surrounded by rural and commutable neighboring towns and coastal villages that are home nature preserves, historic landmarks, woodland areas, lakes and rivers.
To learn more about the Greater Portland, ME area visit: http://www.visitportland.com/