Current Career Openings
Lighthouse Imaging is a rapidly growing technology company located in Southern Maine and specializing in the development of cutting edge endoscopy products for the healthcare industry. We are committed to improving patient’s quality of living while reducing the cost of medical care
Seeking an experienced Opto-Mechanical Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. The Opto-Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the mechanical design of sophisticated optical instrumentation from conception through testing and production.
- BSME and 5+ years’ experience in mechanical and opto-mechanical product design and development
- Able to develop 3D models and 2D drawings in SolidWorks of miniature optical components and assemblies based on customer’s specifications
- Working knowledge of optics, ray tracing, and optical metrology
- Conceptualize designs, lay out detailed drawings, select materials and create bills of materials
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Familiar with tolerancing of components
- Familiar with standard machining techniques and designing for manufacturability
- Able to work independently as well as within a creative technical team
- Assist in the fabrication and testing of new products
- Familiar with drawing management techniques and PDM systems
- Familiarity with medical device design highly desirable
- Comfortable with guiding technicians and skilled operators during assembly
- Able to prioritize tasks and organize conflicting demands for time and resources
- Good communication and written skills and report writing
Seeking a Project Manager to join our rapidly growing team. The Project Manager will lead and manage multiple, highly complex, optical product development projects concurrently, while collaborating with cross functional teams both internally and externally. The right candidate will be a dynamic individual who will excel by learning along the way and have proven experience in managing projects through the entire product development life cycle from concept through FDA approved high volume production manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree or considerable experience in a technical discipline is preferable
- 3-5 years of project manager experience in a product design environment, ideally with expertise in medical device product development
- Demonstrated expertise managing concurrent full life cycle product development projects – ideally for external customers
- Experience coordinating complex cross-functional teams to ensure timely completion of tasks and deliverables that adhere to budgets and schedules
- Expertise with managing resource requirements and employee utilization
- Expertise leveraging project management software to develop and maintain detailed project schedules that meet stated objectives associated with cost, schedule and specifications
- Project management experience in a regulated industry is a plus (such as working within ISO 13485 and 9001)
- Demonstrated experience with tools such as FMEA, Risk Analysis, time and budget tracking, scheduling, prioritization
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Must clearly communicate with team members, clients, vendors, and senior management regarding technical details and projects status.
- Good organizational, multi-tasking and team building skills
- Demonstrated design experience across optical, mechanical, software and electrical engineering disciplines.
- Strong MS Project user, understand dependencies and critical path.
Quality Assurance Specialist
Seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist to join our rapidly growing team. The Quality Assurance Specialist will be responsible for managing and coordinating design documentation and product structures for LHI products including Engineering Change Orders (ECO) and Bill of Materials (BOM) through all phases of the product life cycle, administer internal documentation system and be the point person to perform and administer incoming receiving inspection activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable amount of combined experience and education required
- Previous experience of quality assurance in a medical instrumentation or related industry
- Demonstrated ability to maintain physical and electronic records and revision level documents and ensure integrity
- Good understanding and knowledgebase of incoming inspection processes and document record retention
- Individual shall have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with MS Word and Excel document creation, editing and formatting is necessary
- Previous auditing experience is a plus
Supply Chain Manager
Seeking an experienced Supply Chain Manager to join our rapidly growing team. The Supply Chain Manager role is to direct and coordinate purchasing, warehousing, and distribution activities required to support production and product development efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. APICS certification is a plus.
- Demonstrated supply chain management for production and new product development of medical devices.
- Demonstrated experience working within ISO 13485 and 9001.
- Experience working in a small team environment working on multiple projects at the same time.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong experience with MRP/ERP systems.
- Good analytical, organizational, and team building skills.
- Able to work efficiently and effectively within MS Office.
- Strong experience with MRP/ERP systems. Experience with Sage is a plus.
- Familiarity with QMS guidelines.
Lighthouse Imaging offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, and many other perks and benefits within a clean, comfortable work environment.
Please submit resume and cover letter for consideration. NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS.
Lighthouse Imaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Greater Portland, Maine has attracted nationwide attention and high-regard over recent years. Portland and the Greater Portland area ranked atop many Best of city lists including: Forbes magazine’s list of America’s Best Cities for Young Professionals, Bloomberg Businessweek’s Best Places to Raise Kids, Forbes.com America’s Best Hipster Neighborhoods, Travel & Leisure magazine’s Greenest Cities, Bonappetit’s Foodiest Cities, and has recently been nominated for Best Town Ever by Outside Magazine. The Portland metropolitan area is surrounded by rural and commutable neighboring towns and coastal villages that are home nature preserves, historic landmarks, woodland areas, lakes and rivers.
To learn more about the Greater Portland, ME area visit: http://www.visitportland.com/