EndobenchXT™ Endoscope Tester
EndobenchXT™ Endoscope Tester. By working with Lighthouse from the onset of a project, and not just from when a product is “deemed ready,” clients can reduce the timeline for commercialization as they are developing a product for manufacturing, not just a product to meet performance criteria. Lighthouse Imaging offers full cycle product development from concept to commercialization. Our optical medical device design team takes an idea or blueprint and take it through the full development process within our own facilities. Lighthouse Imaging has extensive expertise with endoscopic system development including 3D cameras, cameras for surgical robots, high resolution endoscopic systems and microscopic chip on tip cameras.
By their very nature, endoscopes are prone to failure from many causes – overstressing, repeated sterilization, post-surgical handling or incomplete repair. Historically, testing the quality of endoscopes involved using very expensive instruments and the time of scientists or engineers. Attempts to simplify the equipment have resulted in incomplete measurements or results that don’t correlate with the reports from users.
EndoBenchXT™ is an endoscope image quality test system for scope manufacturing and repair QC testing, suitable for high production work environments. The instrument consists of a custom designed opto-mechanical system and software to evaluate and report the parameters that are central to a clinical environment. Adapters and fixtures are included for measuring rigid, flexible and video endoscopes.
EndoBenchXT™ improves the quality of endoscopes by:
- Measure scopes when new, before and after repair
- Provides quantitative measurement data for tracking scopes in medical equipment inventory
- Meets Joint Commission tracking requirement
- Ensure optimal image quality for rigid and flexible endoscopes
- Endoscope Shaft Diameter: 2-16mm
- Endoscope Length: 160-470mm
- Field of View: 50-140 degrees
- Direction of View: -5-80 degrees
ENDOSCOPE TYPES THAT CAN BE TESTED
- Rigid endoscopes (laparoscopes, arthroscopes, etc.)
- Flexible fiberoptic endoscopes
- Video endoscopes (with VCR/NTSC output)
- Field of View (FOV)
- Direction of View (DOV)
- Apparent field of View (AFOV)
- MTF (image sharpness)
- Coloration (TVC)
- Eyepiece diopter error
- Fiber optic illumination brightness and distribution